Thread: Will there be a way to be a box boy instead of what the current player model is?

Will there be a way to be a box boy instead of what the current player model is?

Like the title says i was wondering if we would be able to pick to be a box boy like in the splash screen, I kinda like how they look better then the current model so i was wondering if we would be able to pick between the two in the future or something.

+1

I actually like the expression and look of the loading screen much more than the actual avatar. Thing is that everything is built out out 2D shapes in game and the avatar looks to be actually 3D so that may be why it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunkun View Post
    Like the title says i was wondering if we would be able to pick to be a box boy like in the splash screen, I kinda like how they look better then the current model so i was wondering if we would be able to pick between the two in the future or something.
    Yes from what i understand the devs intend to allow mods into this game.... Pretty much from what i understand it will be much easier than other games to mod the sprites/models within the game seeing as they're made of 2d textures just mapped over a 3d model.... I might be wrong on the model part but i do know they are intending to allow the community to pretty much do whatever they want with their game in terms of modding. Give it some time and you may even see crazier player models!

In due time. Modding is in the plans just gonna take time to get everything worked out first.
    I am the Shadow, The Smoke in your eyes. I am the Goose that flies in the night!

I'd like to say if it does become an option, it should be exactly that- an option. The person I'm playing with loves the fact she was able to use her wacom to make her character look feminine. I'm pretty sure that would be a lot more difficult if it was one of the 'box-boys'. Guess they could make 'box-girls' too?

My question is more, are there plans to allow us to edit -all- of the box pieces? When you change the torso it only reflects on the front side, not the back.

We love the wacom creations too Scynix and yes we definitely want players to be able to customise their characters to their liking, we won't be taking that option away from players anytime soon. We know how important that freedom of choice and representation is to people

On the box pieces, with the system as it is, we're sticking with just the front pieces for now - that's not to say it'll never change, and with wearable gear evolving all the time the amount of customisation in CardLife is only going in one direction.

As for whether the box boy will ever be an option, I'd imagine this is something which we'd see in a modding environment - we moved in a different direction for the main game content, but box boy is always a nice throwback to the game's origins so it'd be cool if somebody decided to bring them back!