Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Start Modding!!

Exclamation How To Start Modding!!

JSON Editing Tutorial

!!!IMPORTANT...BACKUP ALL CODES BEFORE EDITING!!!

Step One: Find an editing Program. I prefer Visual Studio Code, Another that may work is Notepad++.

Step 2: Locate the JSON Files. Cardlife/GameData...
    Look through the JSON files in that area. You will see around 100 JSON files.

Step 3: Opening the code. When you installed VSC you should have enabled JSON files already. So it should be as easy as opening the file. If not, Windows should ask you what program you want to use to open the JSON File. Just search for VSC and select it.

Step 4: Editing the code. Mainly its just numbers but going into adding things may involve adding lines of coding. I have a link to an image below showing the Hunger code and the difference in editing.

Hunger Code Example.jpg

Once done editing test your code and If successful GREAT!!....If not try again till perfected.

Please remember this isn't an in depth Guide, Just something to get you started!

!!!IMPORTANT...BACKUP ALL CODES BEFORE EDITING!!!
    I am the Shadow, The Smoke in your eyes. I am the Goose that flies in the night!

Does this work in single player or also in multi?
    Any questions, feel free to PM me.
    /Deimos

Solo . multiplayer only if your hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Does this work in single player or also in multi?
    Solo. Just keep in mind that mod support still needs to be added, you might run into some interesting quirks when modding.

I would wait on heavy modding. But modding to like health or hunger or recipes will work in Solo play and will work in multiplayer as long as your running the server and the server your running runs off the same code.
    I am the Shadow, The Smoke in your eyes. I am the Goose that flies in the night!

Just so you know I have a guide on editing jsons. If you wana check it out!
    CardLife rules! Main sever 4! Discord name- Saberhawk30#5963 Add me! I'm a 1/27/2018 Founder!

Yeah Ive seen it before

I just fixed it
    CardLife rules! Main sever 4! Discord name- Saberhawk30#5963 Add me! I'm a 1/27/2018 Founder!

I think with this I may work on a Hardcore mod when I get home
    I may be an echo but I am faster than light!

So by editing the creatures.json file I could eliminate creatures like the dinosaur, imps, spiders etc?

Would I simply comment them out or remove them and if there is any reference to anything else for the creatures that I remove in other files (like in the creaturesdrop.json file) will it cause issues?