Thread: Can you use a wacom tablet with the CTD ?

Question Can you use a wacom tablet with the CTD ?

So I bought a wacom tablet that should arrive tomorrow and I was wondering if it can be used with the CTD or if this system only works with a mouse ?

Hi laz3dots, I'm the Lead Artist on CardLife. I use a Wacom Cintiq at work and can use the Stylus in the CTD window.

I had to slightly modify my Wacom and Window's Pen&Ink settings to get it to work (actually it was to get Photoshop to work)
    You should google 'Windows wacom tablet how to get rid of circle' and follow instructions on how to get rid of this most annoying feature.

WacomPropertiesCalib.jpg

There was another thread that popped up which was discussing this topic here

Good luck, just shout if you have any more questions.
    Lead Artist on Cardlife

Thank you for answering this fast !

I'm definetly gonna try that as soon as it arrives !

I highly recommend XP-Pen Digital art tablet as well. I have the XP-Pen DECO 01 graphics tablet , which was, at the time, the 10 x 6 Inches drawing area sized tablet in the DECO line (I say 'at the time' because mine is over a year old now, and I'm not quite up to speed on their recent offerings).

It has good pressure sensitivity, is easy to set up and use, comes with replacement pen nibs, and works well with various graphics programs (including CTD , which is what I use). All I can say is that it's miles ahead of drawing with a mouse.

Just pointing out here for those who may not have seen it in other parts of the forums:

you can use external drawing programs for doing your templates. So if for any reason your tablet is not playing well with Cardlife (or you just prefer drawing in peace, like me), then you can use pretty much any drawing program you like, save as a png file and use that in Cardlife. There are some details you need to be aware of, but a quick search of the forums should help there.