Thread: [Bug list] Robot's rare bugs #2

42 posts

Post [Bug list] Robot's rare bugs #2

Greetings fellow bug hunters! Just a short list of bugs this week, a lot of which may already be known about, but hey, better safe than sorry, eh?

1. Phantom floor
    There are countless ways of glitching through the floor as of now, though I am aware that there is a new collision system in the works, so I won't go into too much detail. Ways I know lf glitching into the floor include:
    • Standing under a falling tree
    • Surrounding yourself with dirt and then filling in the space
    • Walking into a ramp (made of terrain) under a flat plane (a building foundation)

2. Mischevious miscount
    Collecting more than 1000 of an ore/resource (I have too much spare time) leads to it being displayed as 100, 1500 is displayed as 150 etc. The GUI only stores the first three digits.
    To reproduce the bug: Obtain 1000 of any resource.

3. Transcending trees
    Bit of a weird one here, and not urgent at all, but it gets very annoying. It appears that whenever a new player joins a server, all the holes carved into trees get reset. Again, it really isn't a big problem, just bugged me (excuse the pun) quite a bit.
    To reproduce the bug: Cut a few holes in a tree, then have a friend join the game (maybe? I'm not too sure that this is what causes it)

4. Braindead bears
    I know about the feature where animals are supposed to stop chasing you and become invulnerable when doing so, but after running away from the player, the bear also seems to lose it's AI (and remain invulnerable). This may have been something to do with it running back to a cave and getting stuck, but I'm not sure.
    To reproduce the bug: Have a bear chase you for a while, and have it chase you past a cave/wall. When it starts to run back, it will get stuck in the cave.

5. Floating feet
    Occasionally during multiplayer, other players seem to float slightly above the ground.
    Screenshot (616).jpg

6. Carving conundrum
    With the new furniture items, carving out one of the repeated shapes e.g. the legs of a chair, will cause only one of them to be carved.
    Screenshot (3).jpg
    To reproduce the bug: Carve out one of the repeated faces of the new furniture items.

7. Connect the whats?
    The connect the dots (CTD) system seems to be completely disabled at the moment, allowing only cutting and no shaping. As a side note, sometimes the cutting tool breaks and seems to continue drawing after a shape has been cut out (the blue line not disappearing).
    Screenshot (5).jpg

8. Mysterious music
    Music keeps stopping unexpectedly. Really bummed about this one because it's such a great soundtrack (especially underground )

Thanks for reading, stay safe out there and keep building dirt towers to get away from bears

-Naughtyrobot
    Every town needs to have a cardboard pun in its name.

Hey Naughty,

Thanks again for this report!

1.) Yeah as you say there are quiet a few ways, but let's see the once you have come across
    a) That is pretty much how I chop down trees and it never happened to me, did you play by any chance on server 1 or 2? Were those trees that pushed you through the ground in any unique position, e.g. on a flat surface, on a hill side, pushed you into a cave?
    b) You are nuts! I'll give that a try.
    c) Yap, I come across that a few weeks ago, on the bug list.

2.) Yes, we are aware of that, that is actually on purpose for now, we allow you to collect more than 999 items. Now that we have storage (although with a few boooogs) we will limit the maximum amount to 999 so you will have to start using the storage.

3.) Ok, that's new, I'll check this. Thanks!

4.) I am aware of similar AI issues, but that is a good idea for a repro. I'll check this one, thanks!

5.) That's new to me! Thanks!

6.) Yeah, we are aware. this is lacking code at the moment but it is on our task list to get it done. As far as I remember they managed to fix the placed model at least and only the preview looks broken. Did you have a problem with the placed item too?

7.) On some of the cosmetics, there are not always CTD, only cutting as you mentioned. This is by design, however he cutting (and drawing) tool not noticing that you have done your full circle is a bug and it is on our bug list.

8.) Hmmm.... I never noticed this during my game plays. Could you maybe record this or tell me more details where were you, what were you doing, ect.

+ ) I'll tell our sound designer your comment.

Huh... nice list again Naughtyrobot! Thanks for making them, it helps us a lot to track down the bugs. Keep it up!

Hi Naughty,

Thanks again for this report!

1.) Yeah as you say there are quiet a few ways, but let's see the once you have come across
    a) That is pretty much how I chop down trees and it never happened to me, did you play by any chance on server 1 or 2? Were those trees that pushed you through the ground in any unique position, e.g. on a flat surface, on a hill side, pushed you into a cave?
    b) You are nuts! I'll give that a try.
    c) Yap, I come across that a few weeks ago, on the bug list.

2.) Yes, we are aware of that, that is actually on purpose for now, we allow you to collect more than 999 items. Now that we have storage (although with a few boooogs) we will limit the maximum amount to 999 so you will have to start using the storage.

3.) Ok, that's new, I'll check this. Thanks!

4.) I am aware of similar AI issues, but that is a good idea for a repro. I'll check this one, thanks!

5.) That's new to me! Thanks!

6.) Yeah, we are aware. this is lacking code at the moment but it is on our task list to get it done. As far as I remember they managed to fix the placed model at least and only the preview looks broken. Did you have a problem with the placed item too?

7.) On some of the cosmetics, there are not always CTD, only cutting as you mentioned. This is by design, however he cutting (and drawing) tool not noticing that you have done your full circle is a bug and it is on our bug list.

8.) Hmmm.... I never noticed this during my game plays. Could you maybe record this or tell me more details where were you, what were you doing, ect.

+ ) I'll tell our sound designer your comment.

Huh... nice list again Naughtyrobot! Thanks for making them, it helps us a lot to track down the bugs. Keep it up!

42 posts
    did you play by any chance on server 1 or 2? Were those trees that pushed you through the ground...
    I know that trees are scripted to fall away from the player character, but I cut the tree low down, ran to the side that was falling and kept walking into it on flat terrain. Everything i do is on server 4.
    Did you have a problem with the placed item too?
    I haven't actually tried this yet, I will get back to you on that one.
    On some of the cosmetics, there are not always CTD, only cutting as you mentioned. This is by design...
    That's a bit disappointing. This greatly limits the potential customization of the furniture items. What If I want a round stool? Triangular stool? Spiky legs? Spider legs? One leg? Cutting just isn't enough (I guess you could say it doesn't quite cut it for me ) creative freedom in my opinion.

Thanks for responding, I'm happy to help you guys (and the community) any day Don't mention it!

P.S I found the SuperBroadTM tree bug again from my last post. There doesn't seem to be any repeatable steps to cause it, it seems to have a random chance whilst cutting holes in trees.

In terms of customization - we want to be as free as possible. I have basically one rule when it comes to this - which is basically you shouldn't be able to change the shape so much that another person couldn't tell you what it was. So all your examples would be totally ok apart from maybe one leg

The reason why some of them are not customizable at the moment is because our CTD system is using some placeholder code and as such doesn't allow us to place the red dots effectively to define the drawable area (especially when defining small pieces of card or more intricate shapes). When we improve this we will definitely take another look at what shapes can be drawn/edited.

42 posts
    Alright, thank you for responding, I know you guys would never limit creativity without a technical or gameplay reason