Thread: Permission Concole Update Suggestion

Permission Concole Update Suggestion

HI all,

Here's my problem. Let's say I give access to a player to share my home. He can place a crafting table, a bed and such basically edit the room as he wishes. But one day I come back and he deleted my castle and left the game.

We need to be able to set better permission to the sharing options to prevent users from accidentally deleting structures but to place items and open doors. This way, we can offer players a temporary home while they get started. And delete the players items when he is removed from permission.

The console option will need an update for better control of what is shared. Currently anyone who is permitted to be co owner can delete an entire build.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by DigitalEntity149; 12-03-2018 at 10:54 PM.

I suggested more privileges for console, to reiterate:

• Owner - owner
    • Co-owner - Full access to building, granting lower permissions to other players
    • Resident - Full building access
    • Tenant - Can only use and remove parts which they've placed (+ they can use any door)
    • Guest - Can only use any stuff
    • Visitor - Can only open doors
    • Tourist - Can only open doors, expires after specified time (when tourist leaves the building)

Which I think would work well enough for these purposes
    You see that little star to the bottom left? Click it. Do it. Now.

radyjko, that looks awesome.

Additionally we need some more flexibility in how close others can get to the things we build. The default is fine for most players at most times, but as someone who likes to build roads across the map, I don't want to block others from being able to build nearby. That kinda defeats the purpose. Some sort of setting for the range would be nice.

To add to the laundry list, we need a way to manually break up "connected" buildings. The way the console works, you can only get close to another building if they have the *exact* same people with the *exact* same privileges. This causes some weird situations where I cannot build near my own buildings because the one building has someone added, but the other one doesn't. This becomes particularly interesting when I have my castle, which I would prefer not to allow people to mess around with, and the nearby road, which I would be more than happy to add more people as co-owners or whatever. In particular, I would like to have people who are building nearby be co-owners of that stretch so they can prettify it if they choose.

I very much like the range idea. And to go along with that also, making it so buildings don't restrict flora from regenerating in a much smaller radius from your buildings would be nice. You can build next to a nice forest and if someone decides to chop down the plants and trees near you, now your stuck in a pasture...with raptors.. that can now see you.. and decide to use your bones as chew toys. They can do that already, but at least you won't see it coming if you have all those tress and plants to block your view!
    *A disheveled, wild eyed, misanthropic hermit pokes his head out of the bushes*
    *Realizes HE is the hermit*
    *Closes his mouth and slowly returns to the bushes, so as to not disturb the native wildlife*

Quote Originally Posted by Firephyte View Post
    I very much like the range idea. And to go along with that also, making it so buildings don't restrict flora from regenerating in a much smaller radius from your buildings would be nice. You can build next to a nice forest and if someone decides to chop down the plants and trees near you, now your stuck in a pasture...with raptors.. that can now see you.. and decide to use your bones as chew toys. They can do that already, but at least you won't see it coming if you have all those tress and plants to block your view!
    I cannot think of an instance (as of yet) where I wouldn't want a plant to respawn even if I build right up against it.
    If I didn't want the plant there I'd drop a foundation on it and then bury the foundation.

I kinda was thinking that literally putting a building block in the same space would be the only thing that would stop the plants and crystals from respawning. That is my hope anyway.
    *A disheveled, wild eyed, misanthropic hermit pokes his head out of the bushes*
    *Realizes HE is the hermit*
    *Closes his mouth and slowly returns to the bushes, so as to not disturb the native wildlife*

I think we need to be asked permission or agree when someone adds us to a build. Currently we don't get to agree or not.
    Edit: Come to think about it, I sould be able to remove myself as well.
    Last edited by DigitalEntity149; 01-03-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEntity149 View Post
    I think we need to be asked permission or agree when someone adds us to a build. Currently we don't get to agree or not.
    Excellent point.