Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extreme mobs in caves

I have seen the same problem with enemies. It's nearly impossible to get mining when you have 4-5 savages fighting all the time. Just lost so many good tools to an cave and couldn't reach them at all. Now they are gone forever. I helped my son to get some ore but now I'm at square 1. Cobalt armors and swords gone....Digger tools gone..... My son was a "little" disappointed.... I tried to get the stuff out but ending up dead 4 times before I had enough. Too many enemies at one time and spawn too quickly. This game was my sons favorite until now because he can't even mine anything rare.

They seem to find you faster now and from far away. They can also now go through walls and small openings. They didn't used to do that. Also they get so close they enter the character and become unstrikable. Is it night time that causes a group to suddenly come at you? A day/night indicator would be helpful when mining...

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEntity149 View Post
    They seem to find you faster now and from far away. They can also now go through walls and small openings. They didn't used to do that. Also they get so close they enter the character and become unstrikable. Is it night time that causes a group to suddenly come at you? A day/night indicator would be helpful when mining...

It doesen't matter if it's day or night. Even when outside of the cave enemy's keep coming....very annoying... And yes....Enemy's come so close that you can't hit them

This is ridiculous, I can't even log into the world without 5 goblin savage gunning for me in the first few seconds.

I'm going through all my cobalt armors cause of this. Thanks for any follow ups.

Yesterday when I was mining the MOB spawn in the caves was the most ridiculous thing I'd experienced in CardLife.
    I was building a passage by just laying down floor tiles in a straight line and mining the stone as I pressed forward.
    I had to abandon the project after 25 tiles because it was necessary to kill about 4 MOBS for every tile I put down.

I abandoned the project with about 200 rancid meats - I'd earned about 2x the rancid meat as I did ore.

After dying once about 20 tiles in I tried to retrieve my stuff and the MOBS were spawning around me en masse - literally a dozen on my screen at the same time. It was like kicking a bees' nest or turning over an ant hill. I managed to get my stuff back but after a little math I figured that currently it is impossible for me to get enough ore to replace my equipment as it gets beaten off my back. I put up a door and went out and gathered fiber. I cannot afford to mine right now.

These settings would be interesting for a 'hard mode' server.

1: I have to give credit to the programmers for the MOBs pathfinding abilities. I've watched MOBs far off work their way through the underdark to my location.
    2: Unlike on the surface, when mining we seem to be drawing aggro from all three dimensions which really adds to the monster count. On the surface the MOBS only exist on a single plane.
    3: The spawn seems to refresh very quickly - like, faster than the day/night cycles. I cannot get an area 'cleared' for any length of time. It is a weird thing to have time to only mine one vein and immediately have to fight 5 fresh MOBS.

Like I said, it would be an interesting 'hard mode' version of the game - I'm not even sure I'm complaining because on a PVE server things should be a bit more dangerous. That said, I'd be a little worried that new players wouldn't understand and would simply quit.

I dunno, what do you guys think about 'hard mode'?

I think the DEVS like it when players get massacred.
    Think about it: They spend all this time designing monsters - of course they want to see their creations win!

That was a theory of mine until I found this proof.
    This is a picture of a 'developer party' where they watch videos of players getting destroyed in the mines.
    Each developer gets assigned to a player character and every time that player dies they have to take a shot.

The developer assigned to my character (the one with no shirt) was hospitalized with alcohol poisoning shortly after this picture was taken.

hqdefault.jpg

These people are SICK.
    Absolutely SICK.

there's a theory that enemies can now see through walls, and with some path finding changes they now have the ability to navigate the mines perfectly to get to your location.
    Last edited by NGnius; 01-03-2019 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Remove ad link

Quote Originally Posted by teleworm1337 View Post
    there's a theory that enemies can now see through walls, and with some path finding changes they now have the ability to navigate the mines perfectly to get to your location. GBWhatsApp
    Pretending to be interested in the game while actually using your posts to put up links to dumb sites makes you a bad person in real life.