Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extreme mobs in caves

Angry Extreme mobs in caves

Hello everyone,
    Just now I wanted to get some cobalt from my favourite mine but when I came to the entrance I was awaited by one goblin savage a few imps and normal golbins and a corrupted spider.
    Now I the imps and normal goblins were killed easily, but I was unable to clear the entrance of the savage and spider.
    I managed to separate them and kill them one at a time but when I was done, they immediately respawned (or at least other ones came out).
    I was unable to even get a peak at what was going on since I was strugling to defend my self against the never-ending steam of enemies.

This cave was fine before the latest update, but now I just can't enter it anymore.
    Please do something about the amount of mobs and their aggro behaviour.
    Just as JaselUmena suggested mobs should only aggro if they can see you, this would help in my case too since I would have more time preparing for the invasion of the cave after each wave.

This problem could also be much more acceptable if mobs couldn't teleport through a ceiling or right behnd you.
    I think that's due to connection lag, but still it makes things much worse.

I hope you fix the mob behaviour (or at least improve it) in the next update.

Cheers,
    LordKekz

EDIT: I tried to go mining again today but I only could push about two metres deeper into the cave. It's really bad since I can't progress without going deeper into the mines.
    Last edited by LordKekz; 11-30-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Yea it's crazy.........I hope it gets looked at soon. I won't play until this is fixed.

I keep telling the rest of the team about it, I hope that it can be addressed soon.

there's a theory that enemies can now see through walls, and with some path finding changes they now have the ability to navigate the mines perfectly to get to your location. We might decrease the spawn rate of monster as a temporary work around, but this needs some more adjustments.

All the best,
    Chris

Glad you guys are looking at this.
    I've stopped playing as well due to the fact that I end up going through an entire set of armor and a cobalt sword just trying to dig a few meters!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_C View Post
    I keep telling the rest of the team about it, I hope that it can be addressed soon.

there's a theory that enemies can now see through walls, and with some path finding changes they now have the ability to navigate the mines perfectly to get to your location. We might decrease the spawn rate of monster as a temporary work around, but this needs some more adjustments.

All the best,
    Chris
    You guys are close to a good solution.
    I watched a MOB path to me yesterday and he was really, really good at it.
    It makes sense that MOBs in nearby rooms would hear you digging and come lookin' - maybe turning down the radius they can detect players is all that is needed.

Again, it seems like you're close.

Hi,
    I can only agree with Winthrop.
    I've noticed that the path finidng was improved drastically which might actually be one of the reasons for the imbalance.
    Though I also have problems with mobs glitching on slim staircases in caves, effectively making them able to teleport through the terrain.

Thanks for your support!
    Cheers,
    LordKekz

Yes. I broke through a small opening only to have a large mob of at least 5 heavyweights staring back at me. I noped out of there, because there were probably another 3 or 4 I couldn't see.

I've been getting the same problem. I broke through to a large cave area and had 5 monsters come at me. I killed them all and was standing there to let my health regenerate, when two more came and attacked me. By the time my health regened from that I had another 1 attacked me, with 2 more I could see on the way. All while standing still. It is ridiculous, and needs fixing for sure.

Reel Big Kris [developer] 2 hours ago
    The Latest update had improved optimisation for RAM usage

Tomorrow we may release another hot fix which fixes the issues with too many enemies spawning in cavern systems

I dunno if it is too many enemies as too many at one time.
    It is like when you enter a 'zone' every MOB in the area attacks all at the same time.

I've been in areas where there are no monsters at all for a very long time, take a few steps, and suddenly there are 5.