Thread: Welcome to the Mods Forum

Welcome to the Mods Forum

If you are interested in modding the game this is you place to post any questions you might have or to discuss any ideas.

Hope you will enjoy modding the game as much as we do creating this game for you!

37 posts
    Hey, just a quick one,

Will mods be per server (users install all mods when they join) or per user?

Or both? (some mods that only affect client-side aspects, and some that affect entire servers?)
    Every town needs to have a cardboard pun in its name.

29 posts
    A fine addition to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyrobot View Post
    Will mods be per server (users install all mods when they join) or per user?

Or both? (some mods that only affect client-side aspects, and some that affect entire servers?)

That's a pretty darn good question, given I've played with things like swapping out terrain bundles. That has to be a server and a client thing, given bad things happen if the two don't agree on where the terrain is.

I suspect that the modding aspect isn't fully fleshed out yet. I don't want to see a minecraft type situation where the gamer is left trying to figure out which mods they need to have installed in order to play on a specific server.

Hi Naughty Robot, let me say we're still working on this stuff so it may change, but the plan right now is that Mods will be server based.

At first you'll have to install all of the Mods that a server is using (although we're intending to add an auto-install down the road) and then when you join the server we'll do a quick check to make sure the Mods match. If you have extra Mods installed they simply won't get loaded for that game so everything should continue to work.

We figure this is fairest as everyone on the server is playing by the same rules while also being easy to use.

37 posts
    That sounds reasonable to me. Client side mods could be used for cheating, and it would be next to impossible to detect whether the mod was fair or not.
    Every town needs to have a cardboard pun in its name.