Thread: General New Builder Thoughts

General New Builder Thoughts

Got Cardlife months ago, realized it didn't have much for me to do at the time, so I waited. Things are looking up! After a couple days of futzing around with building, I have some initial thoughts:

1. Decorations, decorations, decorations. If building is to be a centerpiece of this game, and I hope it is, we'll need bucket loads of this category. I'm sure the plan is for more, as there is little atm, but need a ton. Builders love their shinies to place and customize their builds.

2. Half-sized shapes. Need half sizes for a lot of the basic shapes, beyond the half-wall. I'm assuming more shapes will get added along the way, but the more variety here the better.

3. Ability to create and place all of the various foliage. This is a decoration thing.

4. Upgrade the crafting UI. It's pretty clunky right now. I don't know the plans here, but it is rather awkward and inefficient to use.

5. The ability to mouse-over and copy/paste placed items.

6. Bigger door options, please.

7. A greater range of the zoom out function. The ability to see more of what you are building, without having to run out for distance, would really be useful for building, particularly on bigger builds.

8. A grappling hook. Good for exploration, getting up cliffs, etc., but also for building things when height puts you out of range and you have to build something to get up to range. That's a very annoying element for building.

Will post more as I do more and run into various issues/ideas.

Hello Papermache,
    I'm all in for #1, #3, #6, #7 and #8.
    As far as I know #4 is aleady planned.
    #2 is easy to implement with mods, unfortunately that won't work on official servers though.

Cheers,
    LordKekz

Quote Originally Posted by Papermache View Post
    Got Cardlife months ago, realized it didn't have much for me to do at the time, so I waited. Things are looking up! After a couple days of futzing around with building, I have some initial thoughts:

1. Decorations, decorations, decorations. If building is to be a centerpiece of this game, and I hope it is, we'll need bucket loads of this category. I'm sure the plan is for more, as there is little atm, but need a ton. Builders love their shinies to place and customize their builds.

2. Half-sized shapes. Need half sizes for a lot of the basic shapes, beyond the half-wall. I'm assuming more shapes will get added along the way, but the more variety here the better.

3. Ability to create and place all of the various foliage. This is a decoration thing.

6. Bigger door options, please.

8. A grappling hook. Good for exploration, getting up cliffs, etc., but also for building things when height puts you out of range and you have to build something to get up to range. That's a very annoying element for building.

Will post more as I do more and run into various issues/ideas.
    OH yes pleazeee!!

I am personally a little annoyed with the micromanagement of builders. It's a cool concept to have them expire, but as you get larger it becomes tedious and becomes more of an anooyance than a gameplay enhancement IMO. Anyone finding the builders a pain to manage as you grow your empire?
    Last edited by NGnius; 01-03-2019 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Remove ad links

Quote Originally Posted by vitmanov View Post
    I am personally a little annoyed with the micromanagement of builders. It's a cool concept to have them expire, but as you get larger it becomes tedious and becomes more of an anooyance than a gameplay enhancement IMO. Anyone finding the builders a pain to manage as you grow your empire? Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher
    What do you mean by "micromanagement of builders"?
    You don't have to repair or replace anything you build - the decay timer is reset each time you log onto the server.

Quote Originally Posted by vitmanov View Post
    I am personally a little annoyed with the micromanagement of builders. It's a cool concept to have them expire, but as you get larger it becomes tedious and becomes more of an anooyance than a gameplay enhancement IMO. Anyone finding the builders a pain to manage as you grow your empire? Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher
    If the buildings are close enough to each other, then you only need to get close to one to reset the timer on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop View Post
    What do you mean by "micromanagement of builders"?
    You don't have to repair or replace anything you build - the decay timer is reset each time you log onto the server.
    Not quite. You have to be close enough to a building for it to reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremidon View Post
    Not quite. You have to be close enough to a building for it to reset.
    I know people who have stuff spread all over the server who forgot out the items long ago.
    Those items don't seem to decay, even after weeks.

I also noticed that decay doesn't seem to work at all in that I know someone who has been out of the game for 2 weeks and her stone structures didn't disappear until after the last update (I assume a server reboot).

While I'm on the topic, would a wood chest in a stone house decay after 7 days or 11 days?