Thread: animals to OP?

Angry animals to OP?

am i the only one who thinks ALL the enemy's are WAAYYY to OP, i keep on dying from these god damn spiders, i lost all my best loot because they spawn in groups of four, and can 4 hit you when having full stone armour, also, WHY THE HELL CAN I NOT RUN FROM THESE ANIMALS ARE THEY ON HEELYS OR SOMETHING, once they attack you ur doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrAltzheimer View Post
    am i the only one who thinks ALL the enemy's are WAAYYY to OP, i keep on dying from these god damn spiders, i lost all my best loot because they spawn in groups of four, and can 4 hit you when having full stone armour, also, WHY THE HELL CAN I NOT RUN FROM THESE ANIMALS ARE THEY ON HEELYS OR SOMETHING, once they attack you ur doomed.
    HA, pretty much the same thoughts as myself. Run to areas where there are Deer, stags(?) and wolves. Fyi, since your toon gets hungry every 5 seconds or you dont want to die just log out and back in. Insta replinished.

We just tweaked the aggro distance of the Deer and Stag in-game, while making them a bit easier to kill. And with the June update, it's now possible to run away from any animals you engage. They are still on the tougher side for sure, but combat is a bit more nuanced now.

Always approach a group of monsters where there is a straggler a little ways off from the others. Slowly approach that lone monster till it sees you, then stop. When it starts coming at you, back up as much as you can to get away from the group. When it hits you (or is about to), then stop and kill it. Wait for you HP to recharge, then repeat with the next nearest monster.

I've killed groups of raptors this way, including ones with elites. Though iron armor and swords help with that too.