Thread: New land to the far west!

New land to the far west!

Just putting this out there. I discovered a new world!

I was playing on the one true world, server 3. As I was walking along the beach I was attacked by a lizard man coming at me from under the water. Naturally after defeating him I went to explore where he came from. To my surprise there were monsters galore under the water. It is a very wide open "plains" and is easy to spot monster from way off.

As I was growing tired defeating my third elite raptor, and countless others, my sword finally gave out and broke. Crafting a hasty stone sword from my inventory I decided to explore the area some before heading back. And to the west I headed. Eventually I came to what could be described as a literal edge to the world as I knew it. A moderate cliff drop off that extended to the north and south as far as the eye could see. And yet, beyond that the land kept extending to the west. So I kept on going- into the unknown.

After walking for a full day and night I finally came upon a new land! Upon emerging from the water I placed a sign "Slomo's Landing". I also made the declaration to call the new land, "Bob". (a dedication to an animated movie I once saw). After gathering a few much needed supplies I ventured into this new land. And it wasn't long before coming across a native. What luck, other life! His accent was strangely odd, but amazing seemed to talk in the same basic language as I. This native claimed his land was called "Server 2". As if to think there are other worlds beyond the only one we know truly exists, and yet I say it is true.

I offered to guide him back with me, but sadly he refused. I know proof will be needed for our society to accept this new land exists, so I plan to return with a party to conquer the natives. I shall call this party my "conquer-stodors". Perhaps I will one day build a mission here as well.

Ok, so seriously that last part didn't happen. But I am wondering if this is a planned expansion "world" to our original island, or an accidental find? And is there a way to create a new map of this area?

Hahaha! Would be cool if all the servers are actually islands in a much larger world and we can cross servers that way! But in all honesty is there really a new island? With vegetation and creatures? If so, I would like to explore past the sea too as I'm getting a little bored having explored much of Server 3 already hahaha!

There is a landmass off map to the N,S and E also if you travel far enough, Not entirely sure but i think it is just a replica of the normal map.

So I decided to travel North to see the new world for myself and it's exactly as you would imagine, a replica of the normal map. I'm now 2 islands north of the original. Not sure if I should make my way back or set up here, lol. Hopefully any changes to the game wont be detrimental to what I do here.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchAdvent View Post
    So I decided to travel North to see the new world for myself and it's exactly as you would imagine, a replica of the normal map. I'm now 2 islands north of the original. Not sure if I should make my way back or set up here, lol. Hopefully any changes to the game wont be detrimental to what I do here.
    What did you name your newly discovered islands? They could be "sister" islands to my "Bob".

Been out there (north from Server 3), didn't get too far before getting killed unfortunately.

As a sidenote, maybe a great place for the builders to head if they don't want to worry much about the griefers :/

What you actually found was an exact replica of the world.

The world currently tiles infinitely in all directions but it's placeholder at the moment. So enjoy it while it lasts