Thread: About Cardlife's Site

About Cardlife's Site

So i just noticed that http://cardlifegame.com/ (the homepage) isn't a secured connection like https:// and that actually kept 2 of my friends away from accessing the site and buying the game.
    So i'm guessing this might also have an impact in a bigger scale.
    -I'm not saying the site is a scam or anything like that by the way, it's just some browsers doesn't allow you to visit unsecured websites.-

Well, you are not paying through their site, you are paying through a secure connection which requires a code too, that you get in an sms, so 2 layers of security

Yeah, true that, but i mean people can't access the homepage of Cardlife.

That is a bit strange. I can access it through Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Are there any more? Guess Opera, but who uses that? )

Sometimes based on your settings or your antivirus it doesn't let you access unsecured websites. Happened to me in the past and had to get a diffrent antivirus.

I don't disagree with OP. A few months ago I sent a tweet to the cardlife team about this exact thing. At the time, I actively decided to not buy the game because of that issue. After about a month, I decided I'd maybe go for it, and as soon as I saw that they received payments through a third-pary secure service, that's when I decided I'd buy it. But the point is, it 100% made me hold off buying it, and if I didn't get antsy, I may not have bought it at all until it was fixed, and it's been months since I sent that tweet.

I get both of you but there are literally tons of unsecure websites, that's just the way it is. I wouldn't have bought it myself if I saw that they are not using ssl when paying for the game. But I was almost certain the payment wouldn't go through they're website. Then again, I was a tech guy for several years, so I know how things work.

We totally hear you on this one guys - bear with us we're going to be making changes to the website etc in time!