Thread: Building

Question Building

First of all hello everyone. I just got the game yesterday.
    It is an amazing game with a gem of an idea, that promises a lot.
    But I have a bit of a problem. I just started in single player to familiarize myself with the game and got to the point when I want a box to live in.
    My problem is that when I try placing stairs (I know they need to go first) they don't really sit flush so all the other things that snaps to them are floating in air and I literally hate that and try to avoid it in every building game possible. So....what's my problem?

Hi, You should find an option in the build menu for a foundation addon (without looking, the real name escapes me, only logged on quick to see the dev blog for this week) which allows you to add it on to the foundation spikes that go in to the ground and makes it look like there is extra posts that extend into the ground to stop it floating. hope that helps?

You mean the pillars, I guess. I saw that too, but the stairs still look shady and I really don't understand why didn't they make the stairs sit flush to the ground. It would have made things a lot easier and less material demanding. Thank you for your reply anyways.

No problem, I think I know what you mean now, can be a problem unless you eyeball the ground before you start building to make sure there's no funky changes in the level. It's a shame the world isn't as easy to change as something like Minecraft, but it's still pre alpha, and the devs seem really committed to building on what they've got, so I'm sure it will change in the future.

No, it is not about the ground, it is about how the stairs place. Here, so you could see what I'm talking about.

In here you see how the game won't let me place the stairs flush:
    1.jpg

And this is how the game wants me to place the stairs, which is way too high and causes everything to float
    2.jpg

That is my problem, not the ground.

You might be pleased to hear that we will be allowing building pieces to fully intersect with the terrain at some point in the future. This will allow for flush placement of foundation pieces.
    Lead Artist on Cardlife

Oh, yes, of course I am very pleased Thank you very much for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemotown View Post
    You might be pleased to hear that we will be allowing building pieces to fully intersect with the terrain at some point in the future. This will allow for flush placement of foundation pieces.
    Good news! That will be a huge quality of life improvement.