Thread: New Patch & DevBlog - Wolves 2.0 Posted

New Patch & DevBlog - Wolves 2.0 Posted

Hey,

Patch Notes 40.1
    New patch is now live and can be downloaded through the launcher. Here are the major changes:

• Wolves now spawn based on world location
    • The world is split into 75m square cells with each cell having a percentage chance to spawn wolves
    • This system will form the basis for all our creature spawning
    • Improved Wolf Locomotion & Attack Behaviour
    • Wolves are now much more agile and can turn on the spot
    • The wolf should now try and bite your screen so you can clearly see you're being hit
    • Tweaked camera shake when you get hit so it’s more noticeable
    • Tweaked card shake for when you hit other characters/creatures so it looks less glitchy
    • Implemented (work in progress) loading screen
    • Currently it’s a little laggy but it removes the issue of stalling at 0% and you can clearly see that the game hasn’t crashed
    • This lays the foundation for this system and we will be improving it further in a future update so it’s smoother
    • Streaming has been implemented for all objects in the game world
    • This means default pieces will show first before loading in the custom CTD shapes
    • New building pieces have been added
    • Sloped Half Wall
    • Corner Half Wall
    • Sloped Triangle Ceiling
    • Fixed a building issue where pieces were not connecting properly
    • Fixed invisible wolves issue

DevBlog 42 - Wolves 2.0
    I've also just posted the latest DevBlog which you can read here:

Cheers
    Rich

Hi there! I just noticed that every time I open the Cardlife launcher, it makes me sign in again. I'm not sure if it's just something that I am having trouble on, or if it's something that everybody experiences...

I'm pretty sure it's always done that for me.

I like the extra camera motion - it highlights being hit nicely.
    The loading screen improvements are great, although it now pauses at 100%. The hints are nice, although I've found having them at the top of the screen a little odd - that could just be me though.

Your password doesn't currently save as we wanted to make sure its secure until we add that feature.

I'm not seeing the pause at 100% although we have changed it again quite a lot so it might be fixed when we release the new version. The hint location is temporary really until we change the artwork of the loading screen