Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grief Problem

Grief Problem

So, I haven' t logged in to Cardlife due to College Senior Project.
    When I came back today, my base was heavily griefed.
    The problem with this game is that there is no protection for your builds.
    A Dev said that they will implement turrets for base defense, but to what cause if the target attacker will just build blocks using dirt to create a wall barrier.
    And if the turret does manage to get that player, the wall they created will just remain there and your base will look ugly. Its not easy terraforming in this game.
    Getting materials takes countless hours, and all for what reason if your base gets destroyed in just a few minutes.
    I had a problem with a player named "UDPRDSD" and the last time I was online he was at my base griefing. (I made a post about that, nobody did anything or banned him)
    And now look what happened to my base. It makes me want to Quit playing Card Life, when this game has so much potential.
    I hope a developer can roll back the grief.
    Now, all I want to do is build. I can play single player, but that would be too boring. How can you show other people your build and for them to visit it?
    Once you obtain full iron set, there is no other purpose to play this game.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (96.3 KB, 43 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (97.0 KB, 40 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (92.2 KB, 38 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (91.5 KB, 34 views)

Hey Jedd

It's frustrating I know, and I'm sorry about that. There's unfortunately not anything we can do about rolling it back, but I will say that dirt can be cleared - not ideal I know.

Please bear with us though, we may be implementing measures to prevent people placing dirt within exclusion zones in a future update - we don't want anyone's experience with the game to be ruined of course

Thanks for playing!

'griefed'
    Bro you're on a PVP server. Expect grief.
    Plus servers have no way to add grief protection until they add a server API like spigot/craftbukkit for minecraft.

As harsh as NovaLegion’s insensitive answer is, he’s right. However there ARE certain things that can be implemented design-wise that can help prevent griefing; we have been having discussions on this topic.
    Lead Artist on Cardlife

'Bro' (lol, seriously?).. Obviously defacing someone's constructs for no other reason that because you can has nothing to do with PVP, it's basically straight up vandalism.
    It's an unfortunate side effect of a developer choosing to make it very cheap to get into the game even at this early stage.

There have been several situations like this already and it will only get worse as the game becomes more widely available. It's sad that it's not unlikely this may in fact turn away actual interested players and possibly start causing bad press fro which new players may choose to ignore the game.

Devs will have to find a way to deal with this before it start to impact the game image.

I have noticed quite a lot of this griefing method myself, On pvp server 6 every single construct within a decent range of myself has been griefed in one way or another by someone abusing the system. Every single building with in range of where i decided to build has dirt blocks built up around other players buildings to allow that person access. A simple solution for now would be to implement the same system that stops players doing certain actions near other players building till they implement the pvp mechanics that they want. If i can not build within range of another persons building or place torches etc there should be no reason that i can terraform around or near them.

Quote Originally Posted by blazemonger View Post
    'Bro' (lol, seriously?).. Obviously defacing someone's constructs for no other reason that because you can has nothing to do with PVP, it's basically straight up vandalism.
    It's an unfortunate side effect of a developer choosing to make it very cheap to get into the game even at this early stage.

There have been several situations like this already and it will only get worse as the game becomes more widely available. It's sad that it's not unlikely this may in fact turn away actual interested players and possibly start causing bad press fro which new players may choose to ignore the game.

Devs will have to find a way to deal with this before it start to impact the game image.
    Without rules there will be no Order.
    Without Order nothing lasts.
    Do not expect something from nothing.

This was a pvp, I cut Down 2 trees he killed me and stole all my stuff, so in revenge I only had dirt so dirt got dumped everywhere. No griefing so vandalism just dirt war.

Him killing you and taking your stuff would be PVP, you then vandalising his town is griefing. One is fine, the other is just an ocean of salt and tears, the way a child reacts when he has his lollipop stolen and IMO unacceptable.
    Last edited by blazemonger; 05-19-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blazemonger View Post
    Him killing you and taking your stuff would be PVP, you then vandalising his town is griefing. One is fine, the other is just an ocean of salt and tears, the way a child reacts when he has his lollipop stolen and IMO unacceptable.
    Whether you like it or not it's a part of any sandbox game and won't go away.
    I think of it as an anti whiner mechanic.
    Whiners leave when they get griefed