Thread: Materials - ores

Materials - ores

In order to keep my sanity (hah!), I took some screenshots of ores. Things will change as the game progresses.

Hints for others digging deep:
    • Make sure you have enough wood and food. You'll want to make new picks as you find new materials. Endgame picks need 10 wood each. All others currently need 6.
    • Find your copper and iron at the surface, so you are prepared with an iron pick to start with. Sides of hills is a good place to search.
    • Start from somewhere near water so you have less terrain to dig through.
    • Dig a vertical shaft of about 27 layers at a time. That's about 9 digging attempts.
    • Offset your shaft after 27 layers. If you have to revisit, fall detection will make you respawn (potentially topside) if you fall too far.
    • Make sure you have enough wood to make suitable picks as you go, you'll want to upgrade to increase your digging speed.
    • When you hit bottom, you'll find a layer of material that is much harder to dig. You can dig through and use it as a fast return to the topside when you're done.

This is my understanding of which pick you need as a minimum to mine an ore. You can click to zoom.
    OresAndPicks.jpg

This is the amount of ore/wood you need to craft a pick. Click to zoom.
    Pick-requirements.jpg
    Last edited by Zhang; 08-03-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Updated for pick info.

Copper - can be found at the surface
    Copper.jpg

Iron - can be found at the surface
    Iron.jpg

Gold
    Gold.jpg

Cobalt - forgot to take a picture!
    Unknown.jpg

Tungsten
    Tungsten.jpg

Thorium
    Thorium.jpg
    Last edited by Zhang; 08-03-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Meteorite - needed Thorium pick to mine?
    Meteorite.jpg

Titanium
    Unknown.jpg

Carborundum
    Carborundum.jpg

Mythril
    Unknown.jpg

Protonium
    Unknown.jpg