Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What material is this?

What material is this?

While spelunking, I came across a material that I couldn't mine with any of my picks (copper, iron, tungsten, cobalt or gold). What material is it, and what pick is needed to mine it?

WhatMaterial.jpg
    Last edited by Zhang; 07-28-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Or this one?]WhatMaterial2.jpg
    Last edited by Zhang; 07-29-2017 at 09:06 AM. Reason: fixed picture

That's Carborundum Ore - you need a Titanium Pickaxe to mine that - it's an end game ore.

The current list is - with the bold versions needed to mine the next tier of materials:

Stone
    Copper
    Iron
    Gold
    Cobalt
    Tungsten
    Thorium
    Meteorite
    Titanium
    Carborundum
    Mythril
    Protonium

The second attachment I couldn't view.

I fixed the picture now.

The second one is Meteorite I believe.

Yup, it definitely is. Couldn't mine it with a tungsten pick, but a thorium pick worked fine. Haven't yet seen titanium, mythril or protonium ores yet. Once I have, I was going to throw together a list of what ores look like what.

Wow you've been busy digging Zhang, quite impressed you actually found these as it's a bit gruelling mining so deep without the caves in the game.

Bear in mind that the ore textures and materials that are currently in game are currently placeholder. I am working on their look at the moment and will be updating soon.

Thanks Mike! I'll hold off until I know that they are final(ish).

Hints for others digging deep:
    • Start from somewhere near water so you have less terrain to dig through.
    • Dig a vertical shaft of about 27 layers at a time. That's about 9 digging attempts.
    • Offset your shaft after 27 layers, otherwise the fall detection is likely to spawn you topside again.
    • Make sure you have enough wood to make suitable picks as you go, you'll want to upgrade to increase your digging speed.
    • When you hit bottom, you'll find a layer of material that is much harder to dig. You can dig through and use it as a fast return to the topside.

Question

Hi! It's been a long time since I played cardlife, and I have plans to play it later today because in Korea, it's morning. I was wondering if you could share a set of pictures that show all of the different types of ores. I've never actually found ores before, just sand, dirt, wood, and stone.
    Last edited by Cake_Commander; 08-03-2017 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something...

It's your lucky day then! I've put together the ores I have seen in this post.